Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Emma's first day of Kindergarten!

Today was Emma's first day of Kindergarten. She and I walked to Campbell school just a few blocks down the road from our home. She ate breakfast at school, an ever healthy one at that - Pop Tart's, chocolate milk and juice.(good grief)They had a little pep rally outside just before school began. They said the pledge of allegiance and then the school fight song. (They are the Coyotes) Emma's teacher Mrs. Lloyd was leading the group. She was quite the cheerleader. She is perfect for kindergarten, very happy, perky and bouncy. We said our goodbye's and she went into school with her class and teacher. It wasn't until she left that I shed a few tears. I am anxious to pick her up today and hear all about her first day! The years seem to be flying by far to quickly for my liking. I need to invent a freeze ray that would keep my kids small for just a bit longer.


6 comments:

Jeff Brown said...

Emma congrats on your first day of school. I hope that you had a fun time. You looks so dang cute in your new school clothes. I just can't help think of you learning to walk and eating all of my ice cream when we lived in Pocatello.

grandmaaleen said...

Celeste, you, your Dad, Max, baby Jeffrey, and I played at the school playground (slide and swings) after leaving Justin at his Payson kindergarten class, many years ago. It was a very emotional time for your dad and me to have our first child begin school. I felt the same way when each of you began kindergarten and passed various milestones throughout your lives. . .

Try to enjoy each new day with your precious children, sweetheart. The next five years will fly by even faster than your first five with them.

Love to each of you,
Mamacita

melissabastow said...

Cute pictures! Hannah's first day is on monday. And to be perfectly honest I am counting down the minutes! If I don't shed any tears does that make me a horrible mother? Probably. Maybe I can fake some! :)

Lynne said...

Hi Celeste - your kids are getting really grown up. Everyone looks great. It's hard for me to believe that my kids are getting older too...meaning I'm getting older two? Naah...I had them when I was 12, so now I'm just 23...:-)

Lynne said...

You know you're *really* getting older when you can't even spell the word 'two' correctly!!

Laura said...

Hey girl! Didn't realize you had a blog! They are fun... obvously I enjoy mine! Yes sometimes how it would be nice to freeze a bit of time... Hope life is treating you well!